Performance assessment of load-bearing metal structures
DEKRA's certification service carries out a Factory Production Control (FPC) assessment and awards a conformity certificate for the internal production control.
Having obtained the certificate, the company can draw up a declaration of performance and affix a CE marking to the products according to the applicable industry.
Recent news in the EN 1090 standard family:
- The EN 1090-1 standard is currently being renewed and will later be subjected to an official round of commentary.
- The new EN 1090-2 standard will be published in 2018.
- The new EN 1090-4 standard has been approved in the CEN final vote. The publishing date, however, has not yet been confirmed.
- CEN’s Technical Report on applying EN 1090-1 has been published on 31 January 2017. The report’s number is CEN/TR 17052:2017 and is available for purchase on SFS’s website, for example.
Construction Product Regulation (CPR) and CE marking
In accordance with Regulation (EU) No 305/2011 of the European Parliament and the Council, the CE marking is required when a product falls within the scope of harmonised standards.
Standard EN 1090-1 has been harmonised (the standard has been published in an official European Union journal) and a declaration of performance (DoP) and CE marking for the products in the industries of the standard are required when they are introduced to the market in Finland or elsewhere in the EU.
A prerequisite for the entitlement to affix the CE marking, in accordance with the EN 1090-1 standard, is the approval and supervision of the Notified Body and Factory Production Control.
Requirements for Factory Production Control Certificate:
The company has a valid, written description of its Factory Production Control (FPC) in accordance with the standard in question.
- The company has implemented FPC
- The Notified Body has assessed that the company operates in accordance with the associated standards.
Before the product is brought to the market, the company must draw up a Declaration of Performance (DoP) of the product and affix the CE marking on the product. “The CE marking shall be affixed visibly, legibly and indelibly to the construction product or to a label affixed to it.” Where this is not possible or not warranted on account of the nature of the product, it shall be affixed to the packaging or the accompanying documents.” (CPR Article 9).
We offer manufacturers the services of a Notified Body:
- initial inspections of Factory Production Control
- certificate of Factory Production Control
- continuous supervision of Factory Production Control
The following documents are available upon request:
- Agreement terms for certification
- Certification application
- Certification programme
Accredited by FINAS
S 048 SFS-EN ISO/IEC 17065
DEKRA Finas information
Notified Body, NoBo