DT – destructive testing
Full-service metal laboratory
Our accredited (FINAS accrediting service) testing laboratory has modern testing equipment, its own efficient machining unit for preparing samples and a NDT inspection unit. Due to the comprehensive services, test results can be delivered quickly and at a competitive price.
Our services cover all of Finland
The DEKRA metal laboratories are located in Turku and Oulu.
The Turku laboratory has comprehensive experience and a high-quality customer-centric testing process. In connection with our Turku laboratory, we have our own efficient machining unit for preparing test rods and samples. We also conduct on-site NDT inspections for objects delivered to us for testing.
Our Oulu laboratory works in cooperation with the University of Oulu. The university has solid expertise with metals and materials research. Together with the University of Oulu, we have an impressive combination of expertise and equipment infrastructure to produce precise test results.
Services and Finas accreditation
Our laboratories are accredited by FINAS accrediting service T220 (SFS-EN ISO/IEC 17025). Our accredited testing services include:
• tension test
• hot tension test
• bend test
• impact resistance test
• hardness tests
• macro-structure tests
• elemental analysis with portable OES spectrometer
Accreditations by FINAS
SFS-EN ISO/IEC 17025.
Our other services include:
• damage analysis
• electron microscopy SEM
• PMI measurements with OES and XRF elemental analysers
• impact test ASTM E23 (accredited at Turku laboratory)
• Tension test with elevated temperature (accredited at Oulu laboratory)
• Tension test ASTM E8 (accredited)
• Electron microscopy SEM
• Testing cutting procedure tests
• PMI measurements and metal analysis using XRF elemental analyser
Locations and contact information
Test specimen delivery, electronic orders and visiting and postal address:
DEKRA Industrial Oy
DEKRA Industrial Oy
Pay attention to following details when ordering a test:
- Customer should mark test samples with own identifier
- Test results are sent out by email and by post to the address given by customer
- Samples and test materials are returned to customer only by request. Test material is saved for a month after testing. In case of returning test material back to customer, handling fee and transportation will be charged.
- We follow general terms of a conduct (DISE2010) of DEKRA Industrial Oy in all assignments
- When evaluating the acceptance of testing results, laboratory examines the results directly without factoring in the uncertainty of measurement. This applies to the testing procedures within the scope of accreditation.
+358 400 183 151
Telakkakatu 1, 20240 Turku
+358 44 076 1391
Lumijoentie 8, 90400 Oulu